Where to find good used cars?and why are people trying to sell cars that need work at retail prices?

I just sold my gti and need a good used car for around 5000 dollars or less. I have searched craigslist but no deals have come up. It seems like everone wants top dollar for a car that is either a pos or not up to date on service.wtf could use some help.

Favorite Answer

It takes time to find a good one.. everyone wants to make a buck even if the vehicle is not worth it. I would keep trying craigslist oe autotrader.com

good luck

Check around with new car dealers and see if you can't buy a trade in automobile at wholesale price, before the dealer sends it to the auto auction. Or find a used car dealer as a friend and go to the auction with him buy wholesale with his license and then offer him $50.00 for his help...