What musical instrument makes you think of Heaven?

People say that the harp is associated with heavenly thoughts, but I wonder, shouldn't it be different with everyone?

To me the clear sound of a flute touches my heart in a spiritual way.

What sound is to you, celestial?

Favorite Answer

The classical guitar. This, played by John Williams, is my very favourite piece of music.

When I eventually drop off my twig, this is the piece I want played at my funeral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iVFncQADvc

Youtube thumbnail

The female voice : They say all musical instruments and all music aspire to the condition of the human voice. Not just melody, but phrasing and breathing as well. I lose count of the number of women singers whose voices go straight to my soul.

The drum kit : They say that all music comes from the human body, and everything that cannot be expressed in a voice, can be expressed in rhythm - the heartbeat, the footfall, the repetition of work, the mindless movement of sex.

The piano : Because it is the only instrument I can play at all well.

The earplug : Because sometimes music is nice when it stops.

The kazoo : Because it gets on people's nerves.

The most beautiful sound I've ever heard was the sound of Creation. I think the HIndus call it OM or AUM. But is is as if all the sound one has ever heard are all sounding with perfect harmony and there is no sound left out. The only Christian idea I could associate with it would be the golden trumpet of Gabriel.

Namaste'

Psalms said to "Make a joyful noise unto the lord." And when I think of an instrument that's both joyful and noise, I think of the kazoo. Really!

If this isn't a joyful noise, then what is? -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CTU8mDmN34

Youtube thumbnail

I even brought up the sacred nature of the kazoo five years ago: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Asnd2...

i love the saxaphone and the hurdy gurdy and the nickelharpa...but to me the blending of musics that touch a person inside...that makes you catch your breath or want to cry with its beauty...sometimes it actually almost hurts it is so beautiful...i crave that kind of music. i listen to a mixture of chill/techno/house/ambient/new age...and it is where i hear some of the most intensly beautiful music ever. i have a theory that music is what connects all living things together. it is inside us all, part of our make-up. part of the univers. sometimes we can feel the harmony and sometimes we feel out of harmony with it...a discordant feeling. listening to certain music helps us come in harmony with the main "tune" it is part of GODs name...HE even says HE will give us a new song. it is said music heals, and i believe it.

Harp, flute and chimes.

Violin.

Bells, xylophone, chimes, those instruments involving tapping on metal bars or metal shells.

Guitar(Stairway to Heaven),classic!!!!

Harp and piano.