movies: RIP Sidney Lumet ?

Favorite Answer

I can't believe it, I'm in shock. Like honestly words can't describe how I feel right now. He's my favorite director of all time and he's gone.

Every single week I check to see if he's working on a new film. Damn, man...

R.I.P. to a top 5 all time director.

But how many people can say their last film is quite possibly their best? And one of the greatest movies ever made?

BQ: Dog Day Afternoon

Serpico

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

12 Angry Men

• sturms

whilst i found out that Sidney Lumet made 2 truly great movies spanning FIFTY YEARS (12 indignant men, 'fifty seven, and earlier the Devils is acquainted with you're lifeless, '07) I went on a binge staring at a lot of those in between: working on Empty, the call, Pawnbroker, long Day's adventure into night, Serpico, and locate Me in charge. there is two others i could already seen - dogs Day Afternoon and community. widespread isn't a marvel: dogs Day Afternoon. One i think of is underrated is locate Me in charge. Serpico became a splash overrated. If it became my birthday at the instant i could watch a pair greater.

Wow I'm in shock! RIP Sidney Lumet

Dog Day Afternoon

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

12 Angry Men

• ?

Deathtrap

12 Angry Men

Find Me Guilty - a masterpiece

Deathtrap is really the kind of movie I adore - almost a one location thriller with minimum cast that keeps you on edge - love it

12 Angry Men - same story, only less thrilling and one thing that I didn't like - we still have no idea what happened there. if the boy killed him or not.

Murder! by Hitchock, on the other hand, gives you full catharsis - the juror conducts a full investigation and we get all the answers

@denzel: lol, sure when you're 16, 86 seems a lot, right? :)

@metal: sucks for you if he was your fav of all time, I wouldn't like to live in a world without my fav director, don't want him to die before me :((((

Unfortunately I've only seen Serpico, fantastic movie, but I really wanna watch Network.

RIP Sidney.

...Edit: ..How can I of forgotten Dog Day Afternoon, What a Movie!

Sad :(((

I've only seen Dog Day and Before the Devil but I say Dog Day is my first favorite. I didn't like Devil too much but I know it's good....if that makes sense haha.

• Logan

The Hill

Serpico

12 Angry Men

Yes, it's very sad. RIP.

Dog Day Afternoon

Serpico

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

@Tamara- Yes, lol. You don't consider it old?

R.I.P.

12 Angry Men

Network

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

Twelve Angry Men

The Verdict

Network