Do you choose a specific infantry MOS before taking the Recon Indoc during ITB?

I signed an 0321 contract, where my indoc was guaranteed and, if I passed I would receive a bonus. Is the Recon Indoc during ITB, or after? And will I have to choose another infantry MOS before I take the indoc or is that decision made upon potential failure?

Um. All of the above is in regards to the United States Marine Corps. In case RECON and ITB didn't give it away.

Favorite Answer

You will be assigned a specific infantry field MOS while in ITB, just like everyone else.

Recon selection is After ITB.

If you fail, you will be re-classed according to needs of the Army, so for all you know, you could end up a cook.

Yeah, there's about a million acronyms in the military, it's impossible to know them all. Same thing applies. If you fail out of what you sign on for, you will be re-class according to the needs of your branch. So you could still end up a cook.