Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Please help with my sister keeper?

** could you suggest a better intro and conclusion**

topic:Was Sara being cruel and calculatingly practical or was she doing the best she could for her child? Discuss the moral dilemma of Sara

When and why she decided to have another baby

Her maternal instincts

Her love for both Kate and Anna

THe consequences for Kate

The consequences for Anna

The moral issues involved

How people see heron keeping Kate alive at any cost.

Since i said Sara was cruel, I cant compare the good that she does

Yes Sara was being cruel and calculatingly practical. If Kate was not diagnosed with cancer , Sara would not consider having Anna for Kate's sake.

By becoming pregnant with Anna in order to save Kate, Sara was being cruel and calculatingly practical. Sara takes Kate to the hospital where Kate undergoes a series of test. After further test, diagnoses Kate with acute promyelocytic leukemia. The doctor tells Sara and Brain that APL has a thirty percent survival rate and they should begin treating Kate immediately. At home Sara deals with fallout of the diagnosis and the realization that her daughter may not survive, but Sara is determined “ I'm not going to let Kate die”.From then on, Sara's life has centered on keeping Kate alive at any cost.1900-1991 Sara is pregnant with Anna. Sara knows everything about the baby from sex to the specific combination of genes that will allow Anna to be a donor for Kate. Sara admits she has thought of Anna only in terms of what she will be able to do for Kate. Here we see the motives of Sara and we also see that she is stubborn when she drives pass a cemetery Jesse ask, “ is that where Kate will go?” Sara tells him “ She's staying with us'. Sara recalls the television interview she and Brain did. They explain why they went to a geneticist and deny wanting a “designer baby “ we learn that they have been receiving hate mail because people think they want a “designer baby”. Sara maternal instincts are worse than her scheme. A maternal instinct is an innate feeling that a mother has regarding her child. She does not know when Kate is in pain, she only see the crying, bruises, scars and then she latches her attentions towards Kate while leaving out Anna and not knowing how Anna feels about donating almost every part of her and how she feels neglected every time Kate goes into relapse leaving Anna alone . Rather than emotion, health. For example, when Anna reveals on the stand that Kate doesn't want to live any long, Sara does not believe it because she has not spoken to Kate about these feelings. We also see how determined and how much Sara cares when it comes to Kate when Kate goes into system failure, Brain recognizes that Kate's leukaemia is fatal, he says “ She is dying, Sara. She will die,either tonight or tomorrow or maybe a year from now if we're lucky. You heard what Dr Chance said Arsenic's not a cure. It just postpones what's coming”.Sara, on the other hand, cannot accept the possibility that Kate may die. On the contrary, she feels determined to fight endlessly to keep Kate alive . Her love for both Anna and Kate, by focusing so much on being a loving a mother to Kate, Sara does not always fill the role of loving mother for Anna. Although Sara undoubtedly loves Anna in a way, she has difficulty considering them as people separate from Kate. The consequences for Kate are fatal if Anna does not donate to Kate, if Kate dies, the consequences for Anna is stained relationship with her family especially Sara. Sara accuses Anna of effectively signing Kate's death sentence by deciding not to donate her kidney, Sara is also wrong for forcing Anna into donating to her sister and having another child especially for that reason, Sara does want to keep both her daughters but at the expense of Anna.

Sara faced a difficult moral dilemma, but by having another child in order to save Kate was cruel and wrong even though it seemed right.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The answer was hard to read; you need to separate what you have into paragraphs. Let me show you - I won't edit the whole thing, just parts of it.

You have:

By becoming pregnant with Anna in order to save Kate, Sara was being cruel and calculatingly practical. Sara takes Kate to the hospital where Kate undergoes a series of test. After further test, diagnoses Kate with acute promyelocytic leukemia. The doctor tells Sara and Brain that APL has a thirty percent survival rate and they should begin treating Kate immediately. At home Sara deals with fallout of the diagnosis and the realization that her daughter may not survive, but Sara is determined “ I'm not going to let Kate die”.From then on, Sara's life has centered on keeping Kate alive at any cost.In 1900-1991 Sara is pregnant with Anna

It should be:

By becoming pregnant with Anna in order to save Kate, Sara was being cruel and calculatingly practical.

At the beginning of the book (if it was at the beginning - if not, start the sentence with someone else), Sara takes Kate to the hospital where Kate undergoes a series of tests.Kate is diagnosed with acute promyelocytic leukemia, and the doctor tells Sara and Brain (Brian?) that APL has a thirty percent survival rate and they should begin treating Kate immediately.

At home Sara deals with fallout of the diagnosis and the realization that her daughter may not survive, but Sara is determined. She says, “I'm not going to let Kate die." (You need to cite the pages on which she says this.) From then on, Sara's life has centered on keeping Kate alive at any cost.

In 1900-1991 Sara is pregnant with Anna.

You have:

Here we see the motives of Sara and we also see that she is stubborn when she drives pass a cemetery Jesse ask, “ is that where Kate will go?” Sara tells him “ She's staying with us'.

It should be:

Here we see the motives of Sara, and also that she is stubborn when she drives pass a cemetery. Jesse (explain who he is - pretend your teacher doesn't know) asks, “Is that where Kate will go?” (Cite page.)

Sara tells him “ She's staying with us'. (Cite page. Or alternatively, quote that entire passage.)

You have:

A maternal instinct is an innate feeling that a mother has regarding her child. (Great explaining by the way!) She does not know when Kate is in pain, she only see the crying, bruises, scars and then she latches her attentions towards Kate while leaving out Anna and not knowing how Anna feels about donating almost every part of her and how she feels neglected every time Kate goes into relapse leaving Anna alone . Rather than emotion, health. For example, when Anna reveals on the stand that Kate doesn't want to live any long, Sara does not believe it because she has not spoken to Kate about these feelings.

^ This passage is actually very good, but I would still add in more detail - what did Kate say to Sara that she did not say to Anna? Also, it should be "longer", not "long."

I assume this is what you wanted... my apologies if not. I do think it is very good, but your sentences need work and your quotes have to be given a page number, otherwise it looks like you made it up - even though you didn't.

• Login to reply the answers
  • matte
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

The action picture ending is lots distinctive interior the e book the greater youthful one finally ends up dying and the only with maximum cancers certainly survives whether, interior the action picture the main cancers woman does finally end up dying. SOOO unhappy, whether it replaced into lame how they replaced the ending

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.