-A asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Teen Romance/Girly books to read?

My favorite author is Sarah Dessen. I also like The Summer I Turned Pretty and It's Not Summer Without You. What are some books that are similar to these that are reeeally good? Also, I like for the setting and time to be a bit modern, like somethings that will happen in the real world, you know? I don't like old stories from the past and stuff.. if you know what I mean..

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

- She's So Money by Cherry Cheva

- Fireworks (Four Summer Stories Anthology) by Niki Burnham, Erin Haft, Sarah Mlynowski, Lauren Myracle

- Pool Boys by Erin Haft

- The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols

- Secret Santa by Sabrina James

- Be Mine by Sabrina James

- If I Stay by Gayle Forman

- The Price of Admission by Leslie Margolis

- Giving Up The V by Serena Robar

- Good Girls by Laura Ruby

- Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott

- Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott

- Vibes by Amy Kathleen Ryan

- Spanish Holiday Or, How I Transformed the Worst Vacation Ever into the Best Summer of My Life by Kate Cann

- Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway

- Sweet 16 by Kate Brian

- The Princess & The Pauper by Kate Brian

- Zoe & Chloe On The Prowl by Sue Limb

- Fancy White Trash by Marjetta Geerling

- The Pretty One by Cheryl Klam

- Diary Of A Crush series by Sarra Manning (3 books)

1.) French Kiss

2.) Kiss And Make Up

3.) Sealed With A Kiss

- Thou Shalt Not Dump The Skater Dude And Other Commandments I Have Broken by Rosemary Graham

- The Breakup Bible by Melissa Kantor

- What Happens by Caityn Davis

- He's With Me by Tamara Summers

- The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot (6 books)

1.) Shadowland

2.) Ninth Key

3.) Reunion

4.) Darkest Hour

5.) Haunted

6.) Twilight

- Gender Blender by Blake Nelson

- Boy2Girl by Terence Blacker

- Boys Are Dogs by Leslie Margolis

- In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale, the Books of Bayern are really good too (same author)

Ella Enchanted and other books by Gail Carson Levine

Those books aren't a "realistic" setting though.

Try books by Meg Cabot or Nicolas Sparks. Maybe Jodie Picoult.

A book that I think you may like is Lavender Morning by Jude Deveraux.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Twilight Series (Not recommended, though some love it)

Hush, Hush Series

Fallen Series

Wings Series

Shiver Series

• 9 years ago

Perhaps one of these might suit your taste:

Dream factory - Brad Barkley & Heather Hepler

Two teens, hired as replacements for striking Disney World workers, find an attraction to each other in the Magic Kingdom.

Story of a girl - Sara Zarr

After she is caught with her brother's friend in the back seat of his car, Deanna has to deal with a ruined reputation.

Wait for me - An Na

When Mina falls in love with a young coworker at her parents' dry cleaners, she struggles between her mother's dreams for her and true love.

Someone like Summer - M.E. Kerr

When Annabel, daughter of a contractor, and Esteban, a Latino immigrant, begin a relationship, they are at odds with many of the supercilious residents in the resort town of Seaview.

More than friends - Katherine Spencer

After her brother dies, Grace finds herself falling for his best friend Jackson, who has some serious problems of his own.

Enthusiasm - Polly Shulman

Fans of Jane Austen's novels, Julie and Ashleigh decide to imitate their heroine and try to discover True Love in high school.

Undercover - Beth Kephart

A quiet girl writes love notes for the people in her school, but her feelings for one student may change her.

The Market - J.M. Steele

When Kate finds out that someone is rating all the girls in her class, she is determined to make sure her score rises, no matter what it takes.

Sixteen candles - Tia Williams

Tangie and her friends juggle romance, classes, and the arts with their friendship as the "It Chicks".

Good enough - Paula Yoo

Patti is trying to get into an Ivy League school to please her parents, but this Korean-American teen also wants to have fun.

Divine Confidential - Jacquelin Thomas

After she moves from Hollywood to Georgia, Divine still wants to live her life as a diva and find romance.

The falconer's knot - Mary Hoffman

Sent to live in a friary and a convent, Silvano and Chiara want to wed, but first they must solve the mystery of murders in the friary.

She's a witch girl - Kelly McClymer

Witch Prudence Stewart tries to manage her new crush, best friend, and cheerleading competition, all with a touch of magic.

A higher geometry - Sharelle Byars Moranville

In the late 1950s, Anna feels she must choose between the traditional role her parents expect of her and her dream of going to college to study mathematics.

Shift - Jennifer Bradbury

Two friends attempt to bike cross-country until a vicious verbal conflict explodes between them. Suddenly the long-anticipated arrival in Seattle seems almost impossible to one cyclist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well the princess diaries series by Meg Cabot,in my opinion is amazing!though it has some teen rated stuff it's really nice.

• wiest
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i'm going to tell you what the series is and then positioned the books so as. =) The immortal series via Alyson Noel: Evermore Blue Moon Shadowland dark Flame nighttime celebrity eternal The touch series via Laurie Faria Stolarz: deadly Little secret deadly Little Lies deadly Little video games deadly Little Voices (it comes out this november!) Percy Jackson and the Olympians series via Rick Riordan: The Lightning Thief the sea of Monsters The Titan's Curse The conflict of the Labyrinth The final Olympian The Heroes of Olympus series via Rick Riordan (same characters from percy jackson series yet you may desire to study the percy Jackson series first to know it) The lost Hero The Son of Neptune (comes out q4) The Riley Bloom series via Alyson Noel Radiance Shimmer Dreamland (comes out q4) Whisper (comes out spring 2012) the homestead of nighttime series via p.c.. + Kristin forged Marked Betrayed chosen Untamed Hunted Tempted Burned awoke Destined (comes out q4) The Kane Chronicles series via Rick Riordan: The crimson Pyramid The Throne of hearth The Wolves of Mercy Falls series via Maggie Stiefvader: Shiver Linger perpetually (comes out this summer season!) those books are remarkable! the touch series is lots like fantastically Little Liars! i think of you will like that series the main! :D

• 9 years ago

You Wish- Mandy Hubbard. Its such a great book! Its about two bestfriends, one is a tom boy and the other is a girly girl and the tom boy likes her bf :).

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Twilight:p

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.