JA! asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 9 years ago

What does a spending cut mean?

What does a spending cut mean to the United States of America, and how will people be affected?

Update:

I mean how would they impose a spending cut on people?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A spending cut in washington speak is a reduction in the planned or projected budget item. Even though the item has an increase from the previous budget.

For example if the budget for 2010 is 100m and the planned budget for 2011 is 120m but he 2011 budget is only(!) 115m that is a budget "cut" of 5m even though the budget for the item is increased by 15m.

So the idea that any actual budget is "cut" is a lie. You have to dig beyond the sound bites to understand the misleading character of politics.

I don't understand the part of the question about how they would impose a spending cut on people.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Sofia is Bulgaria's capital and their greatest city. Sofia was founded 1000s of years back and today is just a town that remains to develop while the country's national and economic centre and now you could have the chance to visit it hotelbye . Sofia keeps several valuable monuments to its extended and storied past. Readers exploring the city's roads can easily see remnants of The Eastern Gate from the days when Sofia was Serdika and Sredets, dating from the 2nd-4th centuries CE. These stays are exhibited in the underpass linking the Presidential Palace and The Ministerial Council, surrounded by shops offering traditional Bulgarian souvenirs and rosewater. The Saint Sofia Basilica is one of many treasures of Sofia. Is one of many oldest churches in the capital and was the city's significant church throughout the Middle Ages, and beneath the Ottomans it was applied as a mosque.

• 9 years ago

A spending cut means reducing the amount of capital you expend on a particular cause/ product

By spending cuts on people, do you mean healthcare, or something else?

• 9 years ago

You've got a 3.8 trillion dollar budget and a 39 billion dollar spending cut.

The spending cut does absolutely nothing, it's just a token gesture, the politicians are just wankers and killing us.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

a spending cut means reducing the amount of money you spend.

for example:

if i spend $100 a month on starbucks, i CUT it in half by 50 i just cut my spending.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.