Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Which Harry Potter quote is best for a tattoo?

I am going to get a literary quote tattoo, said quote being from the Harry Potter series. Don't be rude, because your opinions of tattoos mean nothing to me. I am only interested in knowing which quotes are preferred. I like all of the following quotes:

1) "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

2) "After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

3) "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

4) "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

5) "In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own."

6) "It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."

7) "Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."

8) "We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on."

9) "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

Obviously content such as names and punctuation will be edited for the sake of the tattoo. Which quote do YOU like best?

Thanks!

-Kass :)

Not that I owe anyone an explanation, but I am choosing to get an HP tattoo because this series happens to mean a great deal to me. There was one particular year of my life that was very difficult for me in many ways. I discovered Harry Potter at the perfect time. It saved my life. It is a beautiful series full of creativity and life. It was there for me when no one else was and I feel the need to commemorate it somehow.

MOVING ON! My favorites are numbers 1, 4, 5, 8, and 9. That's why this is so darn difficult. I love them all.

Best Answer

I just love Harry Potter with all my heart! I found it in the right time in my life. Harry Potter really changed my life and it will always be a part of me =] You have a really great idea. Any one of the three that I picked are awesome.

• Depending on how much of a die hard fan you are (obviously enough to get a tattoo! =D ) if you were HUGEE I'd say #8 with a picture of Priori Incantatum or something. Personally I'm getting a tattoo of the Deathly Hallows symbol but that's me. ^_^

But if you're one of the fans sad about 10 years of epicness ending in July, I would go with #1 because even though Harry Potter's been such a huge part of our lives we will eventually have to accept that it /is/ over D=

Again, personally #9 is my favorite quote out of all 7 books because it just has so much meaning in it and it's just something Dumbledore would say! I don't know it's all really a matter of preference and how hardcore of a fan you are but generally I would say #8 with some kind of wand illustration.

Hope I helped!! ~8-D

Well it really depends on which characters you like. I like Sev and Draco, so I like these quotes (albeit they are too long for a tattoo): Severus: "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince) "I would expect nothing less sophisticated from you, Ronald Weasley, the boy so solid he cannot Apparate half an inch across the room." (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince) "Do you know what I think, Potter?...I think that you are a liar and a cheat and that you deserve detention with me every Saturday until the end of term. "What do you think, Potter?" (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) "Turn to page 394." (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) "Funny, I never had the impression that I managed to teach Potter anything at all." (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince) Draco: "Azkaban - the wizard's prison, Goyle. Honestly, if you were any slower, you'd be going backwards". Tom Riddle: "Voldemort is my past, present, and future."

• "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Sort of ironic,eh? I LOVE Harry Potter, but I won't choose to get a tattoo of HP. Guess that shows who I really am...

anyways

Definitely get #1! Personally, I think that quote tattoos are better if they are shorter and #1 is the perfect size. It also is a great quote.

....Or....you could get a tattoo of the dark mark on your wrist. Haha.

I like 3

My favourite HP quote is in the goblet of fire

Sirius Black to the trio "if you wan't to get the true measure of a man, see how he treats his inferiors not his equals"

Could be a few words out etc as writing from memory with no reference to hand.

Ooh, these are all so good! :)

I like 1) because in my mind, it just paints a picture (a weird, indigo-coloured clouds picture, but still), and it has such a flow to it. 'Cause it sounds nice.

I like 9) because I remember laughing out loud when I read it... what? Four years ago? Anyway, it is a good quote. :)

I hope you manage to find the right one!

But I think Snape said it best:

The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure.

I am no Harry Potter fan, but I will try to help.

Top faves: 1, 5, and 6

Third place goes to (drum roll please)..........5

First is (drum roll again please)...........6

That means 1 is second.

I would like to thank our drum roll person, the person in my head!