How do i eliminate the issue of pop up ads with Nortion Internet Security 2011?

Have been using NIS 2011 since February and I really enjoy what is has done for me... but there is just one annoying problem. If i visit certain websites I get netflix ads and other pop ups that appear as another window. I previously used Kaspersky for many years and never had this issue. Also Kaspersky seemed to... show more Have been using NIS 2011 since February and I really enjoy what is has done for me... but there is just one annoying problem. If i visit certain websites I get netflix ads and other pop ups that appear as another window. I previously used Kaspersky for many years and never had this issue. Also Kaspersky seemed to bog down my resources more than NIS. This problem is serious to me because of the danger involved with clicking on an ad that pop ups and Norton doesnt actually block it. My contention is that using the web should be a seamless experience without a bunch of irritating smaller windows appearing. And no, I do not have any virus or trojan horses so i am not looking to do reboots or other things not pertaining to this issue. The bottom line is anyone that is a current user of Norton Internet Security 2011 please feel free to respond with how to correct this problem as I have run out of gas and dont know what to do?