why the f***k are afrikaners so racist? seriously,what makes them think that they're better than anyone else?

for some strange reason they think that they got this pure blood running through they're veins and they think that it is virtually impossible for a non white person to have a dutch surname...seriously though, wtf?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Only ignorant people are racist. They are disturbed and are angry. I feel sorry for them. Who wants to waste so much of their life hating and being obsessed with the very thing they supposedly do not like. They waste so much energy on that when they could be doing so many other useful things with themselves.

remember there is a thin line between love and hate. I think that many of them secretly do like the other race, they just do not want to admit it and they hate themselves for it because they were taught they were suppose to.

• 3 years ago

Afrikaners Racist

• Lili
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Explaining Afrikaner racial attitudes, which date back to Dutch colonization of the Cape centuries ago and also involve the Dutch Protestant religion at the time would take a lot more space than we've got here.

I don't normally recommend James Michener's novels, but his book on South Africa, "The Covenant," is actually very helpful in terms of giving readers a sense of how the Afrikaner outlook developed. Try reading it.

• Mike K
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Hello,

1) Well history points out they have had that "lager mentality" for the last few hundred years. They were and are afraid to hand over everything to the blacks for generations fearing they will screw things up and run their country into the ground, Attacks on Afrikaner farmers as of late and seeing that Ian Smith's dire predictions about Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) coming true, does not help matters much.

2) The English South Africans were not appreciated either for encroaching on their Orange Free State and the Transvaal after their Great Trek, only after diamonds and gold were discovered in each respectively and the final outcome. The Boer War left a bad taste in their mouths and hence they like keeping to themselves and are leary of others.

3) I've met lots who have immigrated to Canada now. They generally like me because they know I'm Irish in my ancestry and trouble with the Brits is one thing our cultures have in common.

Cheers,

Michael Kelly

Source(s): Took history of South Africa; really interesting!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Not all Afrikaaners are racist. As for the ones that are, I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that they have been demoted from a level of influence they used to have. Being dutch used to be their pass into a higher level of society than all non-white people. It isn't like that as much anymore, but some cling to it because it's something that gives them feeling of value in their minds. When that value doesn't translate as well in the real world as it does in their head, it creates resentment. Don't be mad at them, but don't pity them either.

• 3 years ago

Maybe it's good

• Imani
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

i was about to say that you have a very afrikaner-like surname...

anyway, yes, they're racist as hell but they try to deny that nowadays and pretend that they're the ones facing racism and discrimination from the blacks of south africa. bullshit. they're just mad cuz they have to work to make it in life now, before they got everything they wanted simply because they're white. plus a lot of the afrikaners in south africa are quite wealthy.

• 5 years ago

i tried being racist but honestly it is too exhausting... a complete waste of energy and you accomplish absolutely nothing by being a racist

• 9 years ago

The United State is a nice country the problem is that is full of racist white people

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.