How does the organization called Save the Children (Canada) contribute to conflict?

How???

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello,

I work for Save the Children Canada. I appreciate your interest in the work that we do. Save the Children is an international non-governmental organization that was founded in Canada over 90 years ago. While the majority of our work is done in developing countries we do fund some domestic programming that focuses on improving the lives of aboriginal children in Canada.

If you want more detailed information about our work you can visit our website: http://www.savethechildren.ca/About%20us/158/0

I will try and address your question. Save the Children is an organization with no religious or political affiliation and whether we are responding to an emergency or doing longterm development work we usually work with national partners and whenever possible with local government to ensure that our efforts are sustainale and help the poorest and most marginalized children. While we advocate for children we do not comment or participate in partisan politics whether domestic or in the countries where we work.

Our founder, Eglantyne Jebb, believed strongly that children should not suffer for the choices and actions of adults including governments which is why she wrote the first declaration of the rights of the child which was the root of what has become the United Nations Conventions on the Rights of the Child. The guiding principle of both is working in the best interest of the child.

When a mistake is made or a project isn't as successful as we might hope we learn from those experiences so that we do better in the future.

If you have further questions about Save the Children, we would be happy to answer them. Please contact us at sccan@savethechildren.ca. - Cicely

• I know of know information that says Save the Children Canada causes or contributes to conflict. Could you explain why you suspect this?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.