Would it be bad to get a tongue piercing while I'm expecting braces?

I'm expecting to get braces soon, I just need another referral from the dentist. I'd probably get that done in May. My mom said that when I turn 16 I can get a tongue piercing, since that was the age she allowed my sister to get one. I'd wait until after the referral to get the piercing, to avoid... show more I'm expecting to get braces soon, I just need another referral from the dentist. I'd probably get that done in May. My mom said that when I turn 16 I can get a tongue piercing, since that was the age she allowed my sister to get one. I'd wait until after the referral to get the piercing, to avoid conflict with my denist but I want to get it done somewhat soon. My teeth are pretty bad, to be honest, and I know I'm going to have braces for a while so, quite frankly I don't want to wait until I get them off, but obviously would if it was nessassary. Have any of you had the combination of the two and had problems? Was it okay?

Don't try to convince me away from a tongue piercing, my sister has had one and I do know someone who ruined her teeth from her piercing. That doesn't deter me away from wanting one. I know to get a plastic ball versus the metal. I know how it looks. Etc, etc. Just stick to the question, please?