pdooma
pdooma asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 9 years ago

Should the Federal government financially support Planned Parenthood?

My experience with Planned Parenthood is 6 broken condoms out of 6 I used. I threw the rest away so I'm not sure how many more would have broken.

Whether you support abortion or not, is this what federal tax money is for?

Does it count as birth control when Consumer Reports ranks their condoms as "poor"? Isn't it better to use a condom that you can rely on than use one you can't?

Oh. And money is fungible. It doesn't matter which account the money is put in, it's easily slushed from one side to the other.

Perhaps they'd need to fund fewer abortion/std services if they used the money to actually produce quality condoms.

Best Answer

No I do not believe the government should use federal money for funding Planned Parenthood. Period.

• Jan

Your experience with the condoms could be looked at as proof of how important the abortion aspect of their business is to them. They provide crappy condoms, knowing they have a high rate of failure. The woman gets pregnant, and comes to them for an abortion. Kinda setting up "the poor, single women they serve" for failure. Nothing like cementing your business relationship.

No the gov't shouldn't support them. They say the $ isn't for the abortions, but it all goes in the same account.

Well, I do believe that their goal is a good one, but I am a bit leery of just throwing money at a private organization without restrictions...

Perhaps if the money was expressly to fund their education initiatives, or for supplying free, good-quality condoms...

EDIT: Dorothy, the 1.2 trillion is the US national debt. Zorro is suggesting that repaying that debt be made a priority.

well hearing about the condoms not being up to par is terrible, but planned parent hood offers many other services then just giving out condoms so I say yes it should be paid for. planned parent hood for one provides girls with free or lost cost birth control. as a taxpayer I would rather pay for birthcontrol then unplanned babies.

• kbk823

I used PP in the past when I didn't have health insurance, but needed yearly exams and birth control prescriptions. My regular doctor would have charged me $120 for an office visit, at PP, I paid $30. Plus I got a years script for birth control pills. So yeah, I do think it's a worthwhile service.

it fairly is one debate that could in basic terms end while women in basic terms arise front and admit that adult adult males will under no circumstances have the prospect to stay off women and a few women are on condition that decision. a actual guy must be on his very own, have his very own place no longer supported by capacity of others, and easily in a position to have sufficient money each little thing himself. a actual woman would not even choose that, she will have the prospect to stay at domicile and be a stay at domicile mom. no longer an incredible sort of adult adult males have the money for that, yet for a guy whether the female had the money its no longer an decision and her acquaintances and kinfolk would tell her to get yet another husband. as much as women choose to declare they think of for themselves. while the 1st argument breaks out they're going to throw it your face. And so some distance as that finished "guy who do no longer help element" its basically a double common that girls seem to no longer choose to admit and it drives adult adult males loopy reason its one element sometimes we will not administration. the way the activity industry is, you are going to be working your butt off however the jobs are not there or are not consistent sufficient.

Zorro proves himself an idiot at every opportunity.. 1.2 billion (wherever you got that made up number) is like pennies compared to the spending that Republicans have been engaging in for decades and also the amount lost in revenue when they continue giving tax breaks to the ultra rich.. what we don't need in this country is corporate welfare. The Planned Parenthood issue is about idealogy.. has nothing to do with saving money. Thank goodness the Tea Tards are dying off.

birth control (under which i do not include abortion ... i'm gonna stay out of abortion today) strikes me as a very, very good use of tax dollars.

*i'm sure they'd be happy to accept your donations of better quality condoms. (and i am not saying i oppose tax dollars towards abortion; i am just saying that at 4:53 pm on a fairly stressful day i am just not going to get into that one today.)

Out of all the people I know who have gone to planned parenthood, not one has been for a abortion.They DO have many other services that those, not lucky enough to have health insurance, utilize.

nope. the program is outdated. An girl can go to any doctor and get the same. Planned parenthood was from a time when there were not laws protecting their rights...

I said this earlier we need to cut 1.2 trillion out of our budget.

Is planned parenthood nice to have - defiantly

do we NEED it - No way.