Why didn't Republicans vote for the Rockefeller Clean Air Act Amendment?

Yesterday the Senate voted on four amendments to prevent or delay the EPA from regulating greenhouse gas emissions. Thankfully, all four failed. Every Republican except Collins, and four Dems voted for the McConnell Amendment, which denied man-made global warming and would have permanently prohibited the EPA... show more Yesterday the Senate voted on four amendments to prevent or delay the EPA from regulating greenhouse gas emissions. Thankfully, all four failed.

Every Republican except Collins, and four Dems voted for the McConnell Amendment, which denied man-made global warming and would have permanently prohibited the EPA from regulating GHG emissions. Realistically this amendment never had a chance because it needed 12 Democrats to prevent filibuster.

The Dems offered 3 amendments to delay or limit EPA GHG regulations, the most popular being the Rockefeller Amendment (delaying regulations for 2 years). This amendment got 9 Dem and 3 Republican votes.
http://climateprogress.org/2011/04/07/mc...

Honestly this puzzles me. The Republicans must have known beforehand that McConnell would fail, so why wouldn't they at least vote for Rockefeller's amendment to delay EPA GHG regulations as the next-best thing (they could vote for as many amendments as they wanted)?

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrillled that these amendments failed, but it just seems so strange the Republicans didn't vote for the delay. Anybody have any idea why?
Update: LOL I love how andy babbles incoherently and then says "my side" has flawed logic.