A 'friendly' ghost in my mums house, which im moving into very soon!?

Hi, Recently my mum told me that she has a 'friendly' ghost in her house, she is convinced it is the previous owner who died. The previous owner was a painter and decorator.. my mum is currently decoratiing and she says that she has seen paint pot lids move, and things fall off shelveds which cannot just... show more Hi,

Recently my mum told me that she has a 'friendly' ghost in her house, she is convinced it is the previous owner who died. The previous owner was a painter and decorator.. my mum is currently decoratiing and she says that she has seen paint pot lids move, and things fall off shelveds which cannot just simply fall off, they would need a great amount of force! also banging noises etc.. Her boyfreind and my brother have all witnessed these things, however i have not.

I use to live there a couple of years ago.. but due to my parents getting a divorce me and my twin brother went with my dad and my mum stayed there. Me and my twin hated that house when we use to live there.. there always seemed to be a negative and bad atmosphere there. But now the house seems to be very calm, and enjoy going round.. were as before i hated it because it always seemed negative there.

Anyways, i am going to be moving back in, in a couple of months.. but im actually scared, because of this 'friendly' ghost.. things like that don't normally scare me, but for some reason i am. I do believe in ghosts, paranormal etc, but only when i see it, that i believe it.

When i use to live in the house, i only ever witnessed one strange thing, and it give me shivers writing it.. one very late night it was pitch black and i was lieing in bed, i couldn't sleep. My brother, and my parents were all alseep in there rooms. I heard this russtleing noise outisde my door, i thought it was my dog because it sounded like a dog sniffing.. so i went and checked it out.. i opended my door and there was nothing there. NOTHING. and i know for a fact and i stick by the story today there was something there. I asked my dad were the dog was, and the dog was in my parents room fast asleep, my dog had not moved atall..

So im asking for advice really what can i do.. i recently bought some rosary beads with a cross on from ebay LOL so i can hang them on my door, i just want to protect my self really, any tips?

Thanks.