joe m asked in Science & MathematicsBotany · 10 years ago

Is celery a stem or leaves?

My friend and I were having an argument about this. Which is true? I said celery is just a bunch of leaves from the celery stem and he claims celery stalks are just stems.

I tried looking up some info on it but couldn't find anything definite. How could I prove that celery is leaves by using info about the structure and function of stems vs leaves?

Favorite Answer

Both the stem and the leaves of a celery plant are eaten, but the long crunch part many people put peanut butter on is the stem. To prove this if one was to take a live celery plant with roots still on it, one could put these roots in colored water. After about a week once could see that the stem has coloring only where the nutrient passages are, but most the entire leaf at the end will be colored. Dark, deep colors such as blue, red, or purple work best.

Source(s): a good science education

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is celery a stem or leaves?

I tried looking up some info on it but couldn't find anything definite. How could I prove that celery is leaves by using...

Source(s): celery stem leaves: https://shortly.im/Ma2W0

Stuffed celery is tasty on the stems, we call stalks

The leaves are dried as an herb for flavoring.

We put both in soup.

Answer= both

Photosynthesis occurs in any green part of the plant, so it occurs in the stalk and leaves of the celery.

• ?

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avdWj

Yes they are ideal, and should always be part of your birds diet, another good green food is Broccoli.you can feed celery stick and spinach leaves to your bird, all these contain vital vitamins and minerals toward the good health of your bird.

We eat both stem and leaves. As far as what he said goes, your bf is right.

A root.