How to recover lost contacts on a cell phone?

So about a month ago my motorola devour stopped working and so I got a replacement phone and switched the memory card from my old one to the new one. I had a lot of contacts, music, pictures, etc. On the memory card but when I turned on the new phone most of the pictures and videos were gone, some of the music was gone and almost all of the contacts were gone. Does anybody know what might have caused these things to not show up on my new phone and if there is any way to retrieve the contacts?

Favorite Answer

Use asoftech data recovery to scan the memory card and recover files

http://www.asoftech.com/adr/

• BMK

Did you also move the old SIM card to the new phone? That's where contacts are stored, normally.

As for the memory card, if it had music, pictures and videos on it, then it STILL has, unless you deleted them.

Buy yourself a memory card reader and view the card on your computer, you'll probably find that everything is there still, but may not be readable by your new phone.

HTH

It deplends. in case you have been utilising the reminiscence card plenty, then probable no longer a danger to repair deleted data or misplaced data after reminiscence card reformat. in maximum situations, whether, you may recuperate misplaced photos video clips record and different data from reminiscence card (SD, microSD, SDHC, SDXC, mini SD, xD, CF card) with a reminiscence card archives restoration device. once you delete data on a reminiscence card, the data' archives grew to become into no longer likely erased from memroy card storage, rather, that's hidden, and it would be written over while new archives arrives. So, at the start, end utilising the reminiscence card acceptable away, do no longer insert it to digital digital camera, cellular telephone, or different usbchronic, do no longer save any new data to the reminiscence card. After that, get carry of this reminiscence card archives restoration application stated as 001 report restoration.