Beano asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 9 years ago

Debt paid - How do I get it removed from my daughter's Credit Report.?

My daughter stupidly got herself involved in a debt with a catalogue company. It was a small amount of £140. Provident contacted her and stated that they had acquired the debt from the catalogue company. She quickly payed the debt to Provident. My question is how can we get this black mark removed from my daughters Credit Report. I guess that the original catalogue company will not be aware that the debt has been repaid. How can we close this loop - or will this 'paid' debt remain on her report for the next 6 years?

4 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    If your in the U.S.A., you can't. Per the Fair Debt reporting Act (Federal law) derogatory accounts show for 7-years from the date of first delinquency which works out to 7-years and 180-days even if they are paid.

    Source(s): Finance Manager for over 11-years, 2011 edition Consumer Action Handbook.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    She has to wait 6 years unless maybe you can talk to the company

  • 9 years ago

    1. Your daughter should fight her own battles.

    2. You can't have it removed. If it's accurate, it stays.

  • MadMan
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

    You cannot. Sorry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.