Are the gods of Psalm 82 the same as the gods of Exodus 12:12 or are they different?

Exodus 12:12 “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD." Psalm 82 A psalm of Asaph. God presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the “gods”: ... show more Exodus 12:12

“On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD."

Psalm 82

A psalm of Asaph.

God presides in the great assembly;
he renders judgment among the “gods”:

“How long will you defend the unjust
and show partiality to the wicked?
Defend the weak and the fatherless;
uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
Rescue the weak and the needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

“The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing.
They walk about in darkness;
all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

“I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
But you will die like mere mortals;
you will fall like every other ruler.”

Rise up, O God, judge the earth,
for all the nations are your inheritance.
Update: Someone who cares: Yes, you are seeing the same thing I am. But later in the Psalm, it also says that these gods must die like mortals. Jesus, in whom God's spirit dwelt in its fullness, had to die like a mortal, yet defeated death, so that we do not have to taste of it. Yet it seems he never walked about in... show more Someone who cares: Yes, you are seeing the same thing I am. But later in the Psalm, it also says that these gods must die like mortals. Jesus, in whom God's spirit dwelt in its fullness, had to die like a mortal, yet defeated death, so that we do not have to taste of it. Yet it seems he never walked about in darkness. That part of the Psalm does not seem to apply to him. I am just wondering about this stuff.