How Can i Decrease Excel Values by Percentage?
I want to decrease 20% from excel file..pls help.
- gospielerLv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
You want to decrease in 20% the data on a column or row, in other words you want to work/use with the 80% of the value (100-20=80)
There is a trick using PASTE SPECIAL
WARNING: This trick will replace the original value, for its decrease value in 20%
* On a empty cell write 0.80 (for the explanation we will assume that cell B1 has 0.80 as value)
* Select cell B1. Right-click and select COPY
* Select the range of cells you wish to decrease by 20%. Right-click and select PASTE SPECIAL
* Under OPERATION choose MULTIPLY
* Click the OK button
* Erase the value from cell B1
That's all, now all your numbers have been decrease by 20%
HINT: To learn more about PASTE SPECIAL, check http://personal-computer-tutor.com/pastespecial.ht...
If what you need is a formula to decrease a number by 20%, example A1 is the number to decrease then on cell B1 write this formula =A1*0.80
- IXL@XLLv 79 years ago
A1 has initial value, B1 =A1*80% or =A1*0.8