Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

Are you really sure looks aren't important in our lives?

Hi. A lot of ppl in here tell me

" hun looks don't matter. It's personality that counts"

" beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

" I don't wanna date a barbie doll. I wanna date a girl that is mature and down to earth."

etc etc.

But know... I'm pretty much confused by these statements.

for example, I went to starbucks/mcdonalds and saw below -average looking women get treated not so nicely by the employee's there. and when young pretty girls came in, the same male employee's treated them with smiles and warm attitudes.

another example. I have seen so many girls posted a photo of a young beautiful girl and say it's them on Myspace.

It's easy to say that these ppl are mean or insecure or blah blah blah , but are u really sure that looks aren't important in our lives?

I think it's as important as our personalities.

Like i said, i have seen below average looking girls/guys get harassed by others a gazillion times in my life before.

Favorite Answer

If you honestly think looks are not important, you are delusional. However, not everyone is Angelina Jolie (Jennifer Anniston), or Brad Pitt. So not-so-good-looking people have to derive a different meaning from relationships, because they will never date what they really want (the best looking).

Source(s): self

In some cases I'll take a less conventionally attractive girl over a more conventionally attractive one. When I talk to some 'ugly' girls I sense a radiance in them that tells me they are good and wholesome. In contrast I've gotten to know some 'hot' girls and their attitudes/personalities actually disgust me. Amongst the 'hot' girls are the most revolting people I have ever met in my life, I actually hate them (and yet I seem to attract them *sigh*).

I don't think looks matter. Looks can be changed by plastic surgery or they can be enhanced by makeup. They can be covered by masks too, but altering looks in such ways would be pointless because the common 'knockout 10/10' has become obsolete with the advent of the internet and all the advances that have come with. We're seeing each other physically less and less these days so in the end a superior 'wholesome personality' must prevail, even despite genetic engineering. Take that perfect jawline!

Source(s): I'm a beautiful guy. Really.

The thing is, someone on here already said it, if someone is down to earth, kindhearted and truly a nice person, it won't matter to them as much. To others who are shallow and rude...they take it to a higher level, saying it matters more than it does and those are the people that are not very liked anyways once they hit the real world, because their so shallow. A lot of people get bugged by people who relay on looks to get them by and don't actually think that digging deeper is something people look at. Looks matter in a lot of ways, but they are most definitely NOT everything! They will not make you or ANYONE else the person they will become, what makes that is a personality, humor, caring for others and SO much more!

People who judge your worth only based on appearance are shallow and petty. That being said, an attractive appearance generally corresponds to people who are physically healthier, who would likely give you healthier children that wouldn't die of illness at a young age. So historically attraction based on appearance could be beneficial, we were unconsciously hardwired to find healthy mates. With modern medicine that isn't nearly as much of a problem, but our biology hasn't adjusted yet, so it can still influence us to be a little shallow, at least when you don't know anything else about a person. For a one night stand, appearance is very important. For a long term relationship with someone, appearance is nice, but what really matters is compatible personalities and whether or not you connect mentally and emotionally with that person. Because honestly, would you stay around someone that you didn't like for years and years just because they look nice?

If you're renters, you're no longer constructing any fairness. How you'll you ever be impartial with out constructing up your possess fiscal historical past ? Your mum and dad might be crippling your long term. You would additionally inform them that residing with Mommy and Daddy will kill your intercourse lifestyles. The final result might be no grandchildren.

This concept makes me very sad. Though there will always be those who prioritize looks, I will never do that. When you're finding someone to spend the rest of your life with, you want to find someone who you get along with and is lovable and kind, intelligent, funny etc. Everyone can be pretty but it will fade. Everyone gets old and wrinkly so do you want to stay with someone who is mean and nasty, rude? When I was really sad, (I think you may be sad with looks right now) I watched this video and I felt so much better. Please watch it if you want. C:

Source(s): youtube.com/watch?v=6OhldhI-TYU

Looks are important as with all things since they give off a first impression. But if you really get to know a person well, the importance of their looks decreases

• Looks matter to some people, sure. But what really attracts people more is confidence. If a girl is comfortable with herself in such a way that she feels good about herself, then people will be attracted to her. Everyone thinks that if they're better looking, all of their problems will go away and life will be easier. As an actress, I can tell you that my colleagues are certainly not immune to stress in their life. However, looks are kind of a first impression, and if you dress to impress, you feel more confident, so it couldn't hurt to doll yourself up. Ultimately, I think looks aren't as important as confidence and feeling good about your life.

• KnowIt

Yes, I'm afraid looks do mean a lot, unfortunately.

Good looking people are treated better. It's a fact of life.

But if you take extra time and effort to look your best,

You will have an advantage over those who don't bother.

Nice clothes, makeup, hair, diet/excercise will definitely make a difference.

well It Is the Person On the Inside that counts and you should chose that youself Look normally don't matter watch cinderella story you will get a idea then Ok

Source(s): i KNOW LOVE