Hi Maggie Patterson`s
It`s hard to say maybe this can help u a bit
Some of the common symptoms of UTI are:
• constant urge to urinate
• burning sensation while urinating
• blood traces in urine
• nausea and bouts of vomiting
• backache or pain in the ribs
Symptoms of kidney stones include:
• Colicky pain: "loin to groin". Often described as "the worst pain [...] ever experienced." This can also occur in the lower back. The pain is elicited by contractions of the ureter in response to the stone, causing severe, crampy pain in the flank or lower back, often radiating to the groin or, in men, to the testes. The pain typically comes in waves, with a typical wave lasting 20 to 60 minutes.
• Nausea/vomiting: embryological link with intestine– stimulates the vomiting center.
• Hematuria: blood in the urine, due to minor damage to inside wall of kidney, ureter and/or urethra.
• Pyuria: pus in the urine.
• Dysuria: burning on urination when passing stones (rare). More typical of infection.
• Oliguria: reduced urinary volume caused by obstruction of the bladder or urethra by stone, or extremely rarely, simultaneous obstruction of both ureters by a stone.
• Postrenal azotemia: the blockage of urine flow through a ureter.
• Hydronephrosis: the distension and dilation of the renal pelvis and calyces.
Answer for ur question :
Yes , drinking lots of water and cranberry juice (try mixed with apple juice :) ) will help u to get rid of both problems . Cranberry juice helps in preventing bacteria from clinging to the cells of the urinary tract
All the best