Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 9 years ago

What is a good alto song for a senior recital?

I am a senior in highschool and I have a senior recital. I am an alto but I can't go very low. I can sing mezzo soprano too. The genre doesn't really matter except I don't want any country. This is my last show in highschool so I want a song that is inspirational. I also don't want a song thats very pop style. Anyways, thank you so much for the help.

Best Answer

I take it you're in between alto and mezzo-soprano then, considering that you can't hit the low notes but can hit high notes to some extent. I have several inspirational songs in my library in that sort of range, but I'll list a few here! Feel free to consider them.

Also take note that some are songs by male singers; in the alto/soprano octave, the notes are easily reachable by altos.

Here's some songs focused more on indie/alternative, although they have some pop elements.

Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On

He Is We - And Run

Jason Mraz - The Remedy

States - Time to Begin

These are the more "poppy" kind of songs:

Jordin Sparks - One Step at a Time

Katy Perry - Firework

Pink - Raise Your Glass

Raven - This Is My Time

Sam Tsui - Start Again

AND finally, the inspiration powerhouse songs:

Suzie McNeil - Believe

and the closing number in the movie "Fame" - Hold Your Dreams.

Here's a link to the musical number:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WIT1qCshJM

Youtube thumbnail

In the link, snippets of the song are played at the beginning and end of the finale.

The actual piece will be hard to perform/play/locate, but if you do manage to pull it off, the experience will definitely be magical!

All in all, good luck with your senior recital, and hope I helped!

Well, you could try Defying Gravity, Finally Falling, or Year Without Rain...

Or... if you want something older, you could try ANY Kelly Clarkson song or even a song from a broadway musical like Mamma Mia! or Hairspray. I hope this helps you and good luck!

Source(s): Singing is all I do...

someone like you by adele!

check out my cover of it!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcJPIvHVg7E

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=channel_video_title