How should I ask for a raise at McDonalds? And how much?

I'm nineteen years old, and have worked at McDonalds for a little over a year and a half now. I've gotten no pay increases because, according to the store manager, there was a "wage freeze" due to the economy. I live in California, so I've been at $8.00/hour now. However, I feel like... show more I'm nineteen years old, and have worked at McDonalds for a little over a year and a half now. I've gotten no pay increases because, according to the store manager, there was a "wage freeze" due to the economy. I live in California, so I've been at $8.00/hour now.

However, I feel like I've been here long enough and work hard enough for a raise. My mystery shop score has never been lower than 99%, I accomplish all second-hand duties, and according to that same store manager, "90% of all positive customer comments in drive-thru" (the position I always work) are about me. I usually work 20-30 hours a week.

I would like to know what is the best way to approach the store manager for a raise, and how much would be appropriate to ask for. I would love some answers from people who work at McDonalds, or have very recently.

I appreicate your help in advance. :) Thank you.