Which is better San Francisco zoo or Oakland zoo?

My daughter is turning 3 and for her birthday we would like to take her to the zoo. She loves animals!!! We have already done the Sacramento zoo, and would love to go to San Diego however; It is a far trip and we will save that for when she is a little older. Now what I am asking is for personal opinions and experience. Which is better the Oakland zoo or San Francisco Zoo and why? Please help I am at crossroads and don't know which to choose. Remember my daughter is 3 so I am looking for the best experience for HER!

• SFdude
    Favorite Answer

In general, the location and geography of the San Francisco Zoo is more pleasant. It is larger, has more foliage, and is right next to the beach. So you can stroll along the beach right before or after your visit. However, the Oakland Zoo has some animals that San Francisco does not have (most notably, elephants). So if pachyderms are a deal breaker, then you should go to Oakland. Otherwise, I think San Francisco is better overall.

• thiry

Oakland Zoo Birthday

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

My daughter is turning 3 and for her birthday we would like to take her to the zoo. She loves animals!!! We have already done the Sacramento zoo, and would love to go to San Diego however; It is a far trip and we will save that for when she is a little older. Now what I am asking is for personal...

Source(s): san francisco zoo oakland zoo: https://shortly.im/JZB7D

I been to both zoos and i personally like the SF Zoo more. It changed a lot since Ive been there. (I use to go all the time to both zoos when I was young) SF Zoo I think is a tad more expensive. But I like the animals there. SF Zoo is also in a nice location. Easy to get to on public transit. Its right next to the beach. A great weekend adventure. Oakland Zoo is located in the middle of no where. Hard to get there via public transit and all. I think SF Zoo is bigger too.

Source(s): my experiences.

Whenever a person thinks of San Francisco thinks at a giant Global Orange-coloured link, a park spanning significantly more than 1,000 miles or a city where contemporary art and culture and if you should be interested in this town then here is the place to start hotelbye . One of many things for what you should visit San Francisco is PIER 39. From amazing opinions and a sea of sea lions to chowder bread bowls and California wines, your visit to San Francisco begins at PIER 39. That place is probably the most visited location in San Francisco. It provides two levels of food, entertainment, shopping and attractions, all surrounded by irresistible opinions of the city and the bay. Based along the historic San Francisco waterfront, PIER 39's spot provides the picture great foundation for postcard opinions of the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges, Alcatraz, Angel Island and the famous town skyline.

• Aline

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aviMw

yeah san fran zoo is much better, i have been mugged in the oakland zoo parking lot.

SF Zoo is bigger and its easy to get there