Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 9 years ago

Prom Flower Question?

My dress is dark blue with silver embellishments. My date is wearing a white tux with a silver vest. We are going together to pick out flowers tomorrow. What color of flowers should we get? We both like the color orange, but I think orange might stand out to much. Should we just go with the classic red?

Favorite Answer

If your dress is a dark blue, I would recommend going with all white flowers. The contrast between blue and white is really neat. Go with red, and you'd look like an American flag. Orange could be neat mixed in with white, but I wouldn't go with all orange. One type of flower I would especially recommend are mini calla lilies. They're very elegant, and sound like they would go nicely with what you're wearing.

Also, it sounds like you're both wearing some pretty dramatic colors, so you could go with some more crazy colors or types of flowers.

Hope that helps! By the way, your dress sounds incredible and the white tux sounds perfect. ;)

-