Plumbing question:sink trap ABS pipe?

Agh so I decided since I did my first year of schooling for plumbing I could fix a clogged drain (there was a battery stuck down it).I'll try and explain this best I can: there was a joint glued inside a threaded pipe (which was tightened with a plastic nut) idk if it was supposed to be glued as well as... show more Agh so I decided since I did my first year of schooling for plumbing I could fix a clogged drain (there was a battery stuck down it).I'll try and explain this best I can: there was a joint glued inside a threaded pipe (which was tightened with a plastic nut) idk if it was supposed to be glued as well as tightened onto the threaded piece but it was and when I took it off a chunk broke off inside.WTF do I do now?! I called a plumber friend and they told me to saw it off...okay but then how do I get them back together???? (all pieces I'm talking about are black PVC) and what doi saw off?the one with the piece broken off inside it has an outer thread and there are no more things I can unscrew..it's at my in-laws house as well so I'm pretty much about to cry cuz idk how to fix it
5 answers 5