Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

The phrase "abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym" how true is that?

It makes me feel really depressed when I eat badly but also unmotivated to work out because abs are made in the kitchen and I already screwed THAT up. lol.

but if thats true then how come girls who do sports eat A LOT like 2 dinners, and they're so skinny? because they work out right?

right now: I just ate an embarrassing amount of food and I feel going to the gym is a waste of time

• McEd
    Favorite Answer

Its 70% true, as everyone has abdominal muscles. In some people they are hidden by fat, a proper diet gets rid of the fat and allows the abs to be seen. You should supplement this proper diet with exercise to tone the abdominal muscles and to help rid the body of fat. Also its not really as important the amount of food, they eat alot but its usually healthy food. As long as you eat healthy the proportions of the food matter less, though they are still important.

Going to the gym is never a waste of time, you can burn off some of that food you just ate. Just make sure that you never work your abs two days in a row. Allow 24-48 hours between abdominal workouts to achieve optimal results.

Good luck!

• Amber

A book that's "good" enough to be made into a movie is popular and well-known. I don't think they would make a movie on a book that isn't New York Times Bestseller. They could be classics like Jane Eyre or just fads like Twilight. Either way, they very rarely make good adaptations of the novels. When you write a novel, it's written in blood, sweat and tears. With writing you create, with filming you're just changing the story to a different media. I'm sure it's hard work, but it's just not the same as writing a novel. Then again it's all pretty subjective. I mean, Pan's Labyrinth was awesome and that has blood, sweat and tears written all over it.

Honestly 100 percent because I didnt get abs until I started eating healthy- I'm 16 btw

Source(s): Mua

well... for one you haft to have abs first... so they are made in the gym...you haft to build up the muscles

Now... to get them to show that would be the kitchen... in order to get rid of that fat covering them you haft to eat healthy.

ummm No.

Abs are made by working them out.

They SHOW by having a low body fat percentage.