how old is to old to start ballet?

i just saw black swan and it just....... inspires me so much. oh, perhaps i should tell u alittle about myself. im 19 (just turned in feb) and im a senior in high school and this has been on my mind for a very long time. so if you have my answer that would be great if u gave it to me.

Favorite Answer

Everyone seems to ask this question, and I tell them, "It's never too late."

It's never too late to start painting, or drawing, so why would it be too late to dance?

19 is too old to become a professional, but it is definitely not too old to start. There are people that start in their thirties, fourties, and so on.

Ballet is a great way to exercise and stay fit.

Just take adult ballet classes, and you'll be fine! Happy dancing! :D

Source(s): I'm a ballet dancer. :)

This is the #1 most commonly asked question here.

There is no age limit to start ballet, but just so that you know, the dancers in the recent movie Black Swan were computer generated (not real).

Do a search for "ballet start" here and you'll see a ton of questions like that here.

Source(s): Professional ballet dancer.

There is no age limit, i dont think. But if you want to be successful then you need to be in shape when you get older if you want to continue with ballet in the future. Set yourself a diet scheme and keep to it! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just started ballet at 33, If I can do it, you can do it.

There is never an age where it is too old to dance. Go for it :)