Can I kick my roommate out if they are not on the lease and have not paid rent for the month?

I currently live in Colorado, and I have someone staying with me that is not on the lease. They could not pay rent for the month of April, and I ended up paying rent myself. They have not paid for electricity, and are now asking me for money back from the small portion of the deposit they provided to me. I also... show more I currently live in Colorado, and I have someone staying with me that is not on the lease. They could not pay rent for the month of April, and I ended up paying rent myself. They have not paid for electricity, and are now asking me for money back from the small portion of the deposit they provided to me.

I also recently found out that sublets not allowed and if the he doesn't get approved on the application process, he'll need to be out anyways.

He currently does not have a job, and before he moved in I told him the I could NOT afford to pay his half of the rent, or support him, and now I'm doing just that. I've given him til the 15th to get a job or get out, and by the looks of things, he's doing neither. I see him sitting around and playing on his Xbox, on my tv and using the electricity that I'm paying for.

Can I write up a letter and have him sign it stating that he has til the 15th the find a job or leave, that would be binding? I have everything proving that I've been paying my bills, though some late because I didn't expect to be paying for too people.

He threatened at the beginning of April to look up his rights as a renter when I started showing the apartment to other while looking for a roommate. Does he have any rights if he's not paying?
Update: The letter is not a contract, but an agreement that he agreed to at the beginning of the month. He had agree to either find employment or move out. Thats all that he would be signing.