We accidentally scared a Mother bird from her nest, and there is a baby bird there. Will the baby bird die?

There's a bird nest near our house (I think Mourning Bird). My mom thought it would be a good idea to give the mother bird some food, but she scared her off instead! Of course, now we know that was a really bad decision (and we've taken the food away so predators don't come). It's been about 2... show more There's a bird nest near our house (I think Mourning Bird). My mom thought it would be a good idea to give the mother bird some food, but she scared her off instead! Of course, now we know that was a really bad decision (and we've taken the food away so predators don't come).

It's been about 2 hours and still no mother bird (almost 10pm now). We are worried because there is a baby bird in the nest..... Will the mother bird come back? I don't know if there are any eggs left. Will the baby bird survive? It's nighttime, so I am worried the baby will die from the cold, since her mother was keeping her warm.

We really hope that the mom comes back.. My mom feels bad, too!