What would be the best all around hunting rifle for all North American big game?

I am looking to buy a new rifle and honestly I have been out of the hunting scene for over 10 years now, there are so many new calibers! I used to have a 7mm mag and was thinking about going down that road again but Im not sure if its enough for Moose and Caribou. Im looking at 300 win mag 300 RUM, 338 win mag or... show more I am looking to buy a new rifle and honestly I have been out of the hunting scene for over 10 years now, there are so many new calibers! I used to have a 7mm mag and was thinking about going down that road again but Im not sure if its enough for Moose and Caribou. Im looking at 300 win mag 300 RUM, 338 win mag or even another 7mm. I read in a forum that a guy uses a .338 for all big game he says he never shot a deer that complained it was too dead. LOL, the 338 seems to be too much for Antelope and honestly I think it may kill my shoulder, as my 7mm had the BOSS with a muzzle break. I could shoot my 7mag all day and my 30-06 without a break my shoulder was sore after 10 rounds. Im concerned the 338 or 300RUM will be too much for even a break to tame. I want an all around caliber I can use on my North American big game tour, eith the possiblity of a Kodiak as well. Please help.
Update: After doing more research Im leaning towards 300 ultra mag. It seems it would be very versatile with the load rang offered in factory loads, as I will not be reloading yet. Any thoughts?