Tomato asked in 寵物其他 - 寵物 · 10 years ago

my hamster the stommy big?

how can i know my baby hamster have baby or not,because her stommy little red colour things and this few days easy angry or bite me !!please help me !!!

Rating
    Favorite Answer

Hamster pregnancies only last about 2 weeks, and you won't notice anything for the first week. She will put a little weight on, start building a big nest and become quite guarding of her cage. Clean her out a day or two before she gives birth but don't change her bedding at this point. When she gives birth you must leave her alone in a quiet stress free spot. Don't clean her out for 2-3 weeks - let her get on with caring for the babies otherwise she may eat them. At about 4-5 weeks, you need to split the babies into the different sexes and put them into cages for females and males. By 6-8 weeks they will start fighting and can kill each other so at this point they will need separate cages. Hope that helps. Wheatgerm with water is a good food to put in a bowl when she's given birth and the babies can eat this also from a couple of weeks. Good luck !!!

Source(s): me