Dred Scott decision? 10 pts?
28. Which of the following did the Supreme Court uphold in the Dred Scott decision?
a. The slave trade should be abolished in Washington, D.C.
b. The federal government should protect the slaveholder, not the slave.
c. Slavery was unconstitutional.
d. Slaveholders could not take slaves into free states or territories.
20. Southern members of Congress resisted antislavery efforts by
a. passing the gag rule.
b. establishing the Underground Railroad.
c. abolishing utopian communities.
d. promoting education for enslaved African Americans.
17. How did President Jackson react to Georgia's seizure of Cherokee lands?
a. He supported the Supreme Court rulings that Georgia's action was unconstitutional.
b. He sided with Georgia in defiance of the Supreme Court.
c. He ordered the United States Army to leave the Cherokee alone.
d. He negotiated a compromise that gave one third of the land to Georgia.
- staisilLv 79 years agoBest Answer
B. The federal government should protect the slaveholder, not the slave.
A. passing the gag rule.
B. He sided with Georgia in defiance of the Supreme Court.
- jeffrey fLv 79 years ago
- L. C. MartinLv 69 years ago
B A B
- epistemologyLv 49 years ago
B A B
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 9 years ago
R u in Mumfords?