Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

:) asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

I can't stop eating cereal and it's effecting my weight loss?

I swear, cereal is my vice, and if I were without it, I would be at my goal by now. My problem is this: I eat cereal in a small bowl with soy milk and end up filling it up again. And then again. And then again. And then soon, I'm up 500 calories and I feel EXTREMELY guilty after I'm done. I have no idea why I do this! How do I get myself to not reach for the cereal in the first place? And I live with people, so completely eliminating it is not an option.

Please don't comment on here with advertisements or website links. I will just report you.

Yeah, it's Special K, but think about all those carbs! D:

Favorite Answer

well mostly its just that you need to force yourself to stop. you could ask the people you live with to take them away from you after you pour your first bowl. if you eat it for breakfast and have to go somewhere after, eat your cereal as the last part of your morning routine. then you won't have time to eat any more bowls because you have to leave.

1

Source(s): Lose weight fast with this... https://nimbleurl.com/?ja9a8
  • JL

Cereal is a healthy thing to eat as it will fill you up more than other foods and you need a certain amount of carbs in your diet. So just do what every other grown up has to do and, erm, stop eating it! No-one can give you a magic solution, how do you expect people to tell you how to not do something??

Why don't you do the special K 2 week diet? That way you'll get to eat it twice a day and lose weight and you'll probably be sick of it by the end.

Find really healthy cereal and continue to only drink fat free milk. What you should do if you have a hard time is to not buy cereal for a while. I know its hard just when you go grocery shopping don't go into the cereal aisle but if you have to don't get the sugary cereals eat the healthy cereals. Healthy calories are fine you can have a lot of that healthy cereals don't have a lot of fat calories. Hope it helped

Walking when the weather's nice is usually a super-easy way to keep in shape

Measure out and about that bowl of cereal or maybe oatmeal, including the fruit, nuts, maple syrup, milk, and yogurt you complement it. Have a set of measuring cups and spoons accessible instead of eyeballing.

Put a big chalkboard up in the kitchen to write down your weekly meal plan or one of these simple inspirational sayings.

Don t skip breakfast and choose that s high in protein for energy and full of fiber to keep you satisfied for hours

Put a big chalkboard up in the kitchen to write down your weekly meal plan or one of them inspirational sayings.

2 hour round of tennis