Why won't russia let chechnya become independent?

I'm doing a paper on the Chechnyan-Russian Conflict and any information you can give me would be great. Thanks

• Cossak
    Favorite Answer

Because without russian donations it will turn in another radical islamic place. The second is that there corridor for oil pipelines. The third is that we all will need count chechens,other north caucasians and deportate to their new independent republics,but to control migration we will need build wall like in Gaza Strip,so UN will get angry and pissed off. All will cal us nazists and etc. So theres no chanses to give independence.

Ask Putin. I would've forcefully separated Chechnya from Russia to stop this endless import of the "wild mentality" into the inner Russian territories and flow of the Russian money into Chechnya. I personally do not want to live with them in the same country.

According to the recently published 2010 census data there are only TWO regions with the growth of the population - one of them is Chechnya and the second is Moscow where population grew thanks to immigrants from the Central Asian countries. ALL ethnic Russian regions showed decline in ethnic Russian population.

Upd. When I mentioned "wild mentality" I meant this. Watch this video below - a young Chechen high school boy in the Russian secondary school at the science lesson. The only word which springs to mind is BARBARIANS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwQxt_QkMq8

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=player_embedded#at=35

Source(s): Russian Russian

Also, most Chechen people want to remain part of Russia.

Why London wont become independent from England?

Why wont your right hand declare independence from You?

It is integral part, buddy

If Putin lets go off Chechnya, how would generals be able to steal as much money as they do now!? Same story as in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Shall we ask Y!A to include this into the FAQ on Russia?

It would be like the USA giving up the state of Vermont. Why would it give up part of it's self?

They have no good reason to do so.