Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Yelena asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

What is the best medical insurance for unemployed or self employed?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Tom Z
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Only you can determine what is the best health insurance plan. I say that because you are the one that has to make the decision of what the right balance is between affordability and policy benefits.

For example, if you choose a plan that covers everything i.e. doctors office visits, prescription drugs, preventative health benefits, maternity coverage as well as low deductibles, low co-pays and optional vision and dental benefits your monthly premiums will be significant. Is the most comprehensive policy coverage the best health insurance? You have to decide.

On the other hand if you are young, reasonably healthy and use the health care system sparingly you could consider a Health Savings Account plan in conjunction with a high deductible health plan. In exchange for a lower monthly premium, you agree to pay for your health care costs unless there is a major health expenditure. Is this approach the best health insurance policy? You have to decide.

If you'd rather have more comprehensive individual health insurance coverage, with features such as preventive care coverage, consider a PPO or HMO plan with an in-hospital deductible. Consider higher co-pays for doctor's office visits and perhaps not cover prescription drugs. Either of these approaches will result in a lower monthly premium. You then can use the monthly premium savings to pay for the occasional doctor visit or prescription and still come out ahead. Is this approach the best health insurance policy? You have to decide.

You need a trusted adviser to help you through the process of purchasing health insurance so that you understand what you are purchasing. That adviser can answer questions as to what is and is not covered by the policy, explain deductibles and co-pays and show you the hospitals and doctors that participate in the network. Armed with knowledge of the coverage available and the associated costs you can decide what is the "best" policy. Check with the agent that writes your home or auto insurance he/she can provide you a health insurance proposal that takes into account your budget and health situation.

Some are going to suggest you go to their web site so that they earn a few pennies on a "click through". Some may suggest going on line to get a quote but you probably already know that there is more to a good health insurance policy than price. Use the Internet to educate yourself but use an agent to purchase the coverage.

Source(s): ...
  • 4 years ago

I suggest one to try this web page where onel can get quotes from different companies: http://cheapinsurancequotes1.info/index.html?src=3...

RE :What is the best medical insurance for unemployed or self employed?

Follow 8 answers

Source(s): I suggest one to try this web page where onel can get quotes from different companies: http://cheapinsurancequotes1.info/index.html?src=3...
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

You can get quotes in just a few minutes at - SALESQUOTES.INFO-

RE What is the best medical insurance for unemployed or self employed?

#EANF#

• 1 decade ago

The same as it is for the employed. There is no differentiation between the plans based on your employment. Contact a health insurance broker to help you find a plan.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • debijs
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

~~Health Insurance companies varies greatly by state. You need to see an agent in your area who handles a few different carriers and they can help you pick the right plan for you and your budget.

No matter how healthy you eat, there can still be accidents, broken bones, car accidents, appendicitis and many other thing completely out of your control that without health insurance could bankrupt you.~~

• 6 years ago

Get insurance quotes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you are always in good health you won't need medical insurance. I eat organic foods, good quality spring water, wear natural materials, I haven't been sick in years, YEARS I tell ya, I have had several back injuries in the workplace - other than that I don't actually get sick.

If I do start to feel a little off color or a cold coming on, I take crushed fresh garlic, add to a small glass of warm water and drink.

Stay healthy, and stay away from the fraudsters, drug pushers i.e. doctors

Elaine Hollingsworth, "Take Control of Your Health and Escape the Sickness Industry"

Get off the junk foods and the processed foods; they aren't doing you any favours.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.