Why can these atheists and christians not get along?

OF COURSE i am NOT talking about ALL atheists or christians, (and i'm sure you know the kinds of people i am referring to) but I am a christian and have seen incredible intolerance on both sides of the spectrum atheists...is it your mission in life to tear believers down and make them feel like ignorant... show more OF COURSE i am NOT talking about ALL atheists or christians, (and i'm sure you know the kinds of people i am referring to) but I am a christian and have seen incredible intolerance on both sides of the spectrum

atheists...is it your mission in life to tear believers down and make them feel like ignorant sheep incapable of thinking for themselves? or can you just not tolerate the thought of other people being happy because they don't believe they will just rot in a hole when their short life on earth is over? do you just like getting in arguments and trying to make other people feel stupid? and if you are a pompous a$$hole and quote science as a basis/reason for your beliefs being better than anyone else's, is it a wonder that most religious people have such an aversion to science?

Christians...why do you retort in such an intolerant manner? do you not realize it does not give your side of the argument any support when you make the other think you are an intolerant crazy person who wont even listen? do you realize that you are being hypocritical acting like you are better than these people who act better then you? have you not read the passages in the Bible which say that if you judge, you are not any better, neigh, you are WORSE than those you are judging?

Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Luke 6:41 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

John 8:7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

Romans 2:1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Romans 14:10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

Romans 14:13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.

James 4:11 Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it.

reading these passages and taking a deeper look, is it in any way right to think that any human is any better than any other? judging man is not for other men, that responsibility is for God alone.

this said, I am done talking, please try to explain to me, IN CONTEXT OF THESE ARGUMENTS, why people can not see that they are no better than any other and thus cannot just try to understand one another?

i repeat, IN CONTEXT, that is NO SLANDERING OR BASHING OF OTHER PEOPLE AND NO SAYING "IT'S JUST HOW THEY WERE RAISED, STUPID UNSCIENTIFIC CHRISTIANS DONT UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS NO PROOF OF GOD" you are no better than anyone else, we are all human, and i would like to hear you explain as humans
Update: the bible quotes were just for fellow christians who are intolerant enough to think that they themselves are any better than you
Update 2: @soul6ess, no I am just sick of all the mindless insults exchanged by my fellow believers and others
Update 3: @mikey, just mikey, i didnt mean the mission of atheists, i meant your personal mission
Update 4: @military supporter, read my first add. detail again
Update 5: @charles, i respect that, i have given you a thumbs up, and as of yet you are going to get the best answer vote
8 answers 8