Any suggestions for a book?

Alright, I have been desperate for things to read lately, and I have absolutely no idea.

I have read and LOVED

The Mortal Instruments series, Cassandra Clare,

Inkheart series, Cornelia Funke (as well as Thief Lord)

The Vampire Academy series, Richelle Mead,

The Uglies series, Scott Westerfeld,

The Hunger Games series, Suzanne Collins

I've also read most of Scott's stuff, Harry Potter (of course), am planning to read Clockwork Angel. I've read Twilight, and it wasn't my favorite book in the world.

I'm not obsessed with vampires, but I will read a book with them if it is good.

I'm not a huge fan of sappy love stories, though I have read and enjoyed several Nicholas Sparks books.

I like John Grisham books, but right now, I'm looking for things more like the first four series mentioned (not plot wise, just style wise).

I would prefer the books to be pretty long because I read fast, and please nothing with incredibly classical, difficult to read language (I.e., Dickens, Shakespeare, etc)

Sorry for the specific criteria, and thanks for the help!

Oh, I've also read the Reckoning, Kelly Armstrong, and yes, I have read The City of Ember, and all the follow ups, they were really good.

Also, I have nothing against the classics, and I have read a couple and enjoyed them. It's just that it takes some effort on my part, and though I know this is me being lazy, it's just not what I'm in the mood for right now. :)

Best Answer

These are greeeat!

Evermore by Alyson Noel (#1)

Blue Moon by Alyson Noel (#2)

Shadowland by ALyson Noel (#3)

annddd

Dark Flame by ALyson Noel(#4)

Also

Sea Change by Aimee Friedman

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

Through Her Eyes by Jennifer Archer

If I stay by Gayle Forman

Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles

Forget You by Echols, Jennifer

Don't Die, My Love by Lurlene McDaniel

One Lonely Degree Kelly C. K. Martin

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June by Robin Benway

The Year My Sister Got Lucky by Aimee Friedman

The Principles of Love by Emily Franklin

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Hen

AND ROMANCE BOOKS that were goood! :)

Sara Dessen- Dreamland

Sara Dessen- Along for the Ride

Sara Zarr- Story of a girl (IT WAS AWESOME!)

Susane Colasanti- When it happens

Elizebeath Scott- Stealing Heaven

Sarah Ockler- Twenty Boy Summer (THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER!!! lol)

Sarah Dessen- Someone Like You

Elizebeath Scott- Bloom

Carolyn Mackler- Guyaholic

Source(s): read them all and loved them! :) have fun reading.

That sounds a LOT like the books I've read!

Have you looked into the City of Ember, sequel is People of Sparks (pretty sure of the names), and there's a third. They're pretty short but good, a post-apocalyptic thing, and there are more than one.

So you've read Peeps and the Last Days? My sister said The Host by Stephanie Meyer (Twilight author) was good, although I haven't read it. It's totally different plot than Twilight, but I'm guessing her style would be the same, if that's what you didn't like about Twilight.

ALL of John Green's books. An Abundance of Katherines, Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns... They're amazing young adult books, and while they're different from your taste, I can't imagine you NOT liking them.

I've just started reading Time Traveler's Wife. It's totally different, but I'm liking it a lot, and it's interesting and really makes you think. It seems like a paradox to me. Really confusing, but that's why I like it!

Source(s): Personal experience.

If you want tons of great reading lists on types of books or books for your age group go to the website

http://www.goodreads.com/

paste the link I gave you above into your browser

click the explore tab

scroll down a bit to the genre tags and select what appeals to you

The lists are created by contributors who rate the books. At this site, you can pick science fiction and then get more specific lists like books that deal with time travel or aliens or robots.

They have young adult selections but the grown up stuff will probably suit you also.

===============

Now the second problem: understanding Dickens and Shakespeare. Your reading list clearly indicates you are well beyond entry-level adult reading. I can understand if you don't want to read those classics. Here's my suggestion: listen to the audio of the book as you read it.

To get free audio down loads of the major classics, you can download them from your public library (for a designated period of time) or go to

www.librivox.org

for FREE, keep it permanently downloads of the classics written before 1927 and recorded by the very talented, generous volunteers who donate their time to librivox.org. They read fun classics too like Tarzan and the Prisoner of Zenda. Try Oliver Twist by Dickens, please. You'll love it.

The Darren Shan saga. Best books I've ever read to this day. I'm 18 and I read them when I was 10. About vampires, you won't be disappointed. Read the first book: Cirque Du Freak.

(Dissociate the modern cirque du freak movie from the books, the movie was terrible.)

Source(s): Over a decade of reading

Looking for Alaska, by John Green

Try dragon spell it's a first in long line of books

Source(s): Here this is my email if you what to get back to me and can recommend more books to you. Becose it looks like we both like the same type of books. caileanm2009@hotmail.co.uk

if you like nicholas sparks, then i would recommend richard paul evans books. they're pretty similar readings, but they aren't super lovey dovey :)