How can I aquire a tour of the white house?

anyone have any ideas? is it possible?

3 Answers

  • DON W
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    To schedule a tour of the White House, you must contact your US Congressman's office well in advance of the date you wish to visit--six months ahead is typical. Your Congressman will try to obtain tickets for you.

    It is no longer possible to just get on line outside of the White House.

    This is from the website:

    White House Tours

    Public tours of the White House are available. Requests must be submitted through one's Member of Congress. These self-guided tours are available from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Fridays, and 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Saturdays (excluding federal holidays or unless otherwise noted). Tour hours will be extended when possible based on the official White House schedule. Tours are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Requests can be submitted up to six months in advance and no less than 21 days in advance. You are encouraged to submit your request as early as possible as a limited number of spaces are available. All White House tours are free of charge. (Please note that White House tours may be subject to last minute cancellation.)

    If you wish to visit the White House and are a citizen of a foreign country, please contact your embassy in Washington, DC for assistance in submitting a tour request.

    Forms of Identification

    All guests 18 years of age or older will be required to present a valid, government-issued photo identification (detailed below). All foreign nationals must present their passport. All other forms of foreign identification will not be accepted.

    All information submitted (e.g. name, date of birth, city, etc.) must exactly match the government-issued photo ID you will present when arriving at the White House.

    The following forms of photo ID are acceptable for presentation to USSS upon entry to the White House complex:

    * Valid government-issued United States identification card (e.g. drivers license, military ID, etc.)

    * Valid United States or other official government-issued passports

  • As Don pointed out, you must contact your congressperson or one of your senators. You should know who these people are, but if you don't, go to or You will have to provide your DOB and SSN at some point, and you may not be approved.

  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

    You can get a tour by calling the white house tourism office

    The info is on this website

    You can take a virtual tour on this website

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.