How does a 2004 Mazda rx8 compare to a 2001 Audi tt quarto?

I'm looking at both cars but I don't know which one to get. How do they compare as far as gas mileage, 0-60 times, horse power, exhaust, and reliabity?

Favorite Answer

Are you looking at the audi tt roadster or the coupe? I imagine that might make a difference here.

Gas mileage: Audi will be better "City: 20 – 22 Highway: 28 – 31" thats according to google. the rx8 can get anywhere from 12 to 18 mpg in the city depending how you drive it. On a 700 mile trip I got 22 mpg all highway in the rx8.

0-60 times: A GOOD driver in an rx8 can hit a 14.5 second 1/4 mile and about 6 seconds 0-60. If your wanting an rx8 for a drag car then look somewhere else, its better for a real track. The audi tt ROADSTER should do about 6 to 6.2 seconds 0-60 and somewhere around 14.6 1/4 mile. This varies by driver though, you might try and get a 16.

HP: The audi comes in two types 180hp and 225hp 180hp is fwd or awd but the 225hp version can only be awd. The rx8 if your getting a manual(of course you will, or else you would be looking at a minivan instead) is 232 hp. This is BHP, not whp.

Exhaust: They both have an exhaust. I have not heard the audi's exhaust but the rx8 sounds amazing, you really have to drive one to understand it.

Reliability: The rx8 can be pretty reliable as long as you learn what needs to be done to care for it. People who dont maintain it properly end up needing a new engine, it has a 8yr/100k mile warranty on the engine though. It is not a regular "change the oil and call it good" car. I wont explain it here but look at the links I post below. I cant speak for audi's reliability having never owned one, but I can guess that its expensive to fix if something breaks.