Hi fellow seniors, have you ever donated blood?

I used to when I was a member of the armed forces (many years ago) and over the years it has shamefully gone completely out of my mind until just recently when we had some fliers around the door saying that the transfusion service was in the area and that they badly needed more donors. So yes hubby and I will... show more I used to when I was a member of the armed forces (many years ago) and over the years it has shamefully gone completely out of my mind until just recently when we had some fliers around the door saying that the transfusion service was in the area and that they badly needed more donors.

So yes hubby and I will turn out and see if we can do our bit.
I wonder also if you carry a donor card, something else I have been remiss in finding more about ?

Would you be happy to donate blood, body parts etc. or do you have any ethical reasons as to why not? I would be interested in hearing your opinions, thank you.