what is the setting of the hunger games by suzanne collins?

I need to know the setting (time and place) for a book report on the hunger games. It also would be helpful if you could help me with the exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and resolution. Thanks!

I'm sorry that some people feel that way about me asking basicaly about the entire book. the thing is, i did read the book, it just has been a while. please forgive me.

Favorite Answer

Climax: Katniss holds out the berries, threatening to kill both herself and Peeta, thus usurping the power of the Gamemakers

**It never gives an exact date, but it's always described as post-apocalyptic North America.

Main events: Katniss replaces Prim in the reaping

Madge gives Katniss the mockingjay pin

Cinna creates controversial fashions for Katniss further establishing her identity as a rebel

Peeta "joins" the "Careers"

Peeta saves Katniss (though she doesn't know it at that point)

Rue's death

Gamemaker's change the rules for both members of district teams to be declared victors

Katniss risks her life for Peeta to get the medicine to save him

Hunger Games Setting

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): setting hunger games suzanne collins: https://biturl.im/8on93

set in future america district 12 is by the Appalachian mountians (east coast) and the capital is like where california is. Im not sure if they give an actual date but its set a couple hundered years in the future

btw best series ever i cant recommend it enough

So basically you want us to tell you exactly what happens in the book when you didn't read it. Nope sorry not going to happen. Open the book and read it, its only preparing you for college where you can't go on YA and get the answers....unbelievable

I'm actually mad that people answered your question. READ FOR YOURSELF, your not even going to know the importance of the characters, oh boy