Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

US Army promotion question?

How long does it take fore someone to get a promotion from PVT to PV2?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

6 months time in service. Time in service means the day you shipped to reception.

Eligibility criteria for automatic promotion to PV2, PFC, and SPC will be as follows:

(1) The promotion to PV2 requirement is 6 months TIS.

(2) The promotion to PFC requirements are 12 months TIS and 4 months TIMIG.

(3) The promotion to SPC requirements are 24 months TIS and 6 months TIMIG.

(4) Soldiers must not be flagged or barred from reenlistment.

Source(s): Google AR 600-8-19 or ask your first line supervisor
  • 1 decade ago

You are suppose to get promoted after 6 months as far as i know. But I know a couple people that are 10 months in or so and still have not been promoted. So if 6 months passes and no promotion i suggest saying something

• sarris
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

the conventional was once 6months to pass from PV1-PV2, a 300 and sixty 5 days to pass from PV2-%, and 18-24 months for %SPC. that is transforming into to be greater customary to be certain squaddies making SGT in 2 years, without the different issues (which includes college credit, Eagle scout status, or previous service or ROTC training in intense college) than years in service and a deployment. no rely if which will carry approximately a greater efficient NCO corps or not will would desire to be considered. After transforming into to be an NCO, it gets complicated. you elect for factors, faculties, forums, and favorable comments, in spite of the fact that lower back, they're waiving forums and faculties for the duration of deployments. once you get to SSG, it turns right into a rely for the dept of the army.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

6 Months is the average.

Source(s): US Army Scout
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

A year or less unless you're a screw up type.

• 1 decade ago

about a year unless you really mess up

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.