I am a 17 year old beneficiary on my fathers life-insurance plan can I receive the payout?

I don't turn 18 until mid-august, but a large deposit is due for my college in July. So I need the payout now so I can buy a car and pay the deposit. I have asked the company and they said they can't pay it out until I turn 18 unless they get a court order. I have gone to a court and they said I need to... show more I don't turn 18 until mid-august, but a large deposit is due for my college in July. So I need the payout now so I can buy a car and pay the deposit. I have asked the company and they said they can't pay it out until I turn 18 unless they get a court order. I have gone to a court and they said I need to file a Civil Suit against {Boston Mutual} I have done some research and it seems as though the only thing keeping them from paying me is company policy not {California} state law. I REALLY WANT TO AVOID A LAWSUIT! So can any of you help me out here??? what is the actual law in california about underage beneficiary???
Update: Thanks everyone for the answers! My question now is: how can I get the money payed to my legal guardian (mom)? So that the money can actually be used?