Is it bad luck to wear a ring on your wedding finger when you're not married or engaged or anything? ?

someone told me or was bad luck to wear a ring on the 4th finger of your left hand - the "ring finger" ... I don't know if this is true or any myths behind this. I'm asking because it is the only finger my rings feel comfortable on - and I wonder if I'll get back luck from wearing it on this... show more someone told me or was bad luck to wear a ring on the 4th finger of your left hand - the "ring finger" ... I don't know if this is true or any myths behind this. I'm asking because it is the only finger my rings feel comfortable on - and I wonder if I'll get back luck from wearing it on this finger!? thanks :)
Update: i was specifically told that if you wear a ring on that particular finger than you'll never get married yourself. just an old wives tale or is it true or bad luck ooor?