Best AR-15 barrel length ?

Ok I'm currently building an AR-15 on my Spikes Tactical lower and was debating on a barrel length, I'm looking for the maximum muzzle velocity out of the .223 load. Short barrels look cool but what's the practicality of it other than easy maneuvering ? I love firearms but I'm not a hunter really .... show more Ok I'm currently building an AR-15 on my Spikes Tactical lower and was debating on a barrel length, I'm looking for the maximum muzzle velocity out of the .223 load. Short barrels look cool but what's the practicality of it other than easy maneuvering ? I love firearms but I'm not a hunter really . Nothing against it I enjoy bagging a nice buck but I dislike people killing Lions . I just feel that a lion duly mained is king **** and deserves his position because he fought tithe top. Sorry I find big cats very intelligent. I DO want to hunt some of these feral pigs that are taking over because that to me is responsible hunting. Anyways as you guessed I want this AR-15 for hog hunting !
2 answers 2