what is the difference between whole bran and all bran cereal.....recipe calls for whole bran..found all bran?

The recipe calls for whole bran cereal..but I could only find all bran cereal. What is the difference...will it be ok to substitute the all bran for whole bran?

Favorite Answer

They are exactly the same thing.... All Bran is just a trademarked Brand name of a whole bran type of cereal

Source(s): Chef
  • solley

Whole Bran Cereal

I have all bran that I use in most recipes that call for any form of bran. I also have a jar of whole bran that I bought some years ago, stays in freezer, that is from Quaker and is good to use. Find it in the flour aisle, not the cereal aisle. I sometimes blend the 2 and use it that way.

I did have a recipe that called for both whole bran and all bran, muffins! The batter for this was supposed to be kept refrigerated for a couple of days before baking.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): difference bran bran cereal recipe calls bran bran: https://tr.im/8SveH

cereal bran is processed bran into flakes and all bran is processed into rod shape' Bran as sold in health food or cooking aisle is the outer shell of the wheat or oats etc., no additives . The first two are cereals and may have salt or sugar or preservatives added.The latter is what is most often called for in bran bread or muffins.

They are one and the same thing i eat all bran through the winter months for part of my breakfast its delicious, all bran is a human Serial in a box its 100% bran with no additives. Horse bran is the same thing in larger amounts so bran in its natural state can also be found in most stables or at stable outlets. Freezing it in a deep freeze will keep it useable and kill any Bacteria. Hope that answered your question....... And greetings from Connemara, in the West of Ireland....

Bon Appitite :)