? asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 10 years ago

Can some one explain me about where LC and RLC circuit are used in practical application?

i am basically studying theory...don't know where those are use in practical applican

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Ecko
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In practical circuits it would always be RLC, even if R is small or not intended, though they might be known as LC circuits.

These components are mostly used for filters, tuned circuits and related frequency selective networks. They are especially used in radio transmitters and receivers. Sometimes impedance matching is part of the function. This is between stages of amplifiers, between feeder cable and antenna etc. Quite often the L is part of a transformer winding in radio circuitry. Filters were used widely in frequency division multiplexers (carrier systems) used in telecommunications, but this is largely obsolete now.

Occasionaly resonance is used in power supplies to increase voltage or efficiency. This allows switching circuits to turn on at low voltage and off at low current.

• 4 years ago

Rlc Circuits Explained

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Assuming you're talking about the passive insert type of tag gadget, the reader has a chain tuned circuit, resonant with a intense Q, so the inductor modern-day is more suitable (by potential of flywheel action). it is pulsed with the appropriate frequency (per chance 100kHz), became on for something like one 2d. The small inductor in the tag receives the signal by potential of inductive coupling (or is it tunneling??). besides it expenditures the capacitor in the tag through a diode. the decision is likely 100mm max. once there is sufficient voltage, the IC in the tag responds by potential of sending the identity volume. in the single I worked with, the reader receives this through the inductor at 10 situations the frequency. The inductor circuit in the reader isn't resonant at this frequency, so in basic terms operates as a pickup, passing it by potential of the capacitor. The gained signal is frequency shift modulated, though I comprehend there are others. there's a filter out to direct the gained signal to the receiver amplifier and so on. that is an truly weak signal. The circuit has elements of metal detector, antenna tuner and transmit acquire diplexer/splitter. I did attempt to get more suitable decision by potential of increasing the flexibility from what i imagine become 10W to 30W with an exterior amplifier, yet as magnetic field drops at dice price, it would not help a lot, and the quantity of ability become intolerable for organic and organic structures (on the spot headache close for your head, so worrying). also there is not any progression for the acquire direction, and that is likely controlling besides. in case you'll acquire this patent in the first link it ought to throw some ordinary on the problem. I in basic terms discovered a 2d link that has a circuit that appears to be like such as what I had somewhat adventure with. in case you defined what you've been attempting to achieve (large image, truly than piece meal) in additional suitable element possibly i ought to offer a more suitable valuable answer. operating example attempting to get more suitable decision with those is desireable yet no longer going.

• 10 years ago

It is used in antenna tuner, first RF amplifier, RF mixer, radio local oscillator, IF amplifier, AM or FM detection stage, TV sound carrier or color carrier sub-IF circuits, filter .......and so on. If you want to know more,read the book " How to repair TV and Radio ".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.