Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 9 years ago

Do republicans really think they have a chance at the 2012 presidency?

I see no legitimate candidates from republicans (except Ron Paul who won't get the nomination anyway because he's too moderate for them). Rick Santorum said the economic and social security crisis is due to abortion. Come on, really? Michele Bachmann is straight up retarded. Same with Sarah Palin plus she's really disliked. Newt Gingrich said our country is going to be "a secular atheist nation ruled by radical islamists". There isn't enough time to explain what's wrong with this statement. Everyone I see in the Republican party is either a religious fanatic or really, really dumb. Do republicans really think they have a chance at the 2012 presidency.

NOTE: I am not being super pro-Obama because I do not agree with much of what he has done especially Libya, but I would vote for him over any of the potential republicans thinking about presidency except Ron Paul.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Balto
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I slightly lean your views. The Republican base for current 2012 presidential potentials is weak. They should find a candidate that is energetic and fresh; not someone who is grossly disliked and has had their name smeared across U.S. media.

Heck, I do know one thing: although I won't be voting for Obama, Sarah Palin is going to have a HECK of a time defeating him if she wins the primary.

• Login to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

The Republican party had behaved so badly in opposition, i think of they desire slightly extra practice in opposition so they are in a position to income a thank you to do it honorably. The Tea party, and the takeover of the Republican party via the neo-conservatives, will injury the probabilities for a Republican president in 2012. The reasonable Republicans would be forced out of the party, even nevertheless they account for many folk of contributors, and we are going to be left with a perimeter party of radical extremists. yet it fairly is a stable factor, because it ought to bring about the formation of a achievable 0.33 party with a centrist philosophy. it is the place maximum folk of people would vote, and we ought to have the exciting spectacle of a perimeter radical extremist conservative party and a perimeter radical extremist liberal party, ranting at one yet another, yet without actual power or impression.

• Mod
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

It could be a political strategy on the part of the GOP. You put the side show performers on first and then the star attraction is awaiting in the wings to come out. God, I hope that I called it correct. LOL

BTW: PA girl, and everything Santorum said, seemed to be directed at homosexuality and abortion. (half joking)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well they could cause more problems in the economy before the 2012 elections.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • teagan
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Well there is no way Obama could possibly be re-elected he is a red hot mess. No one has even thrown their hat in the ring offically and the left are already sure that Obama is going to win 4 more years. Obama was a nobody prior to his election and he won, so anything is possible.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I would vote for the one who knows what mistakes he has made and wouldn't do them again. I don't think there are any potential GOP nominees who have any idea what they are getting into like Obama does. So yes, Obama again.

But I must admit, you asking this question here shows your new around these parts. I'm guessing in the minus points range. :-)

• Joan J
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Of course they do but that doesn't make it so, just notice the outlandish tactics they use. People need only to recall the 2010 election and the results.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Not really.But they wont say it.Only standing in the mirror.Alone.by Themselves will they admit that.Who knows maybe they have a secret weapon...And they'll pop it out on election day...You can always write in a candidate.Cant you?

• 9 years ago

And you think Obama was a legitimate candidate?..lol

• Candy
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

That would be a Hell Yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.